|Course Name||Course Title||Semester||Syllabus|
|ECON442||Globalization and Capital Markets||Spring 2023|
|ECON743||Topics in International Finance||Spring 2023|
|ECON601||Macroeconomic Analysis I||Fall 2022||Syllabus|
|ECON442||Globalization and Capital Markets||Spring 2022|
|ECON743||Topics in International Finance||Spring 2022|
|ECON601||Macroeconomic Analysis I||Fall 2021|
|ECON442||Globalization and Capital Markets||Spring 2021|
|ECON743||Topics in International Finance||Spring 2021|
- Global Supply Chain Pressures, International Trade and Inflation, , ECB Sintra Forum on Central Banking, March .
- Quantifying Inflation from Fiscal Stimulus under Supply Constraints, , American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, March .
- Gross Capital Flows by Banks, Corporates, and Sovereigns, , Journal of the European Economic Association 20(5 ), 2098-2135, July .
- Corporate Debt Overhang, Rollover Risk, and Investment in Europe, , Journal of European Economic Association, 1-43, April .
- International Spillovers and Local Credit Cycles, , The Review of Economic Studies 89(2 ), 733–773, October .
- Fiscal Policy in the Age of COVID: Does it ‘Get in all of the Cracks?’, , NBER Working Paper Series; Jackson Hole Symposium Proceedings, September .
- Quantifying the Productivity Gains from Foreign Investment, , Journal of International Economics 131, July .
- COVID-19 and SMEs: A 2021 Time Bomb?, , American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings 111, 282-286, May .
- Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Firm Leverage, , IMF Economic Review 69(1 ), 90-121, February .
- Does Trade Cause Capital to Flow? Evidence from Historical Rainfalls, , Journal of Development Economics 147, 102-153, November .
- Capital Flows and Leverage, , Annual Review of Economics 12, 833-846, August .
- U.S. Monetary Policy and International Risk Spillovers, , NBER Working Paper Series; Jackson Hole Symposium Proceedings, September .
- Capital Allocation and Productivity in South Europe, , The Quarterly Journal of Economics, June .
- Sovereign Debt and Financial Crisis, Introduction, , Journal of European Economic Association 14(1 ), 1-6, February .
- Emergence of Asia: Reforms, Corporate Savings, and Global Imbalances, , IMF Economic Review 64(2 ), 239-267, January .
- What Hinders Investment in the Aftermath of Financial Crises: Insolvent Firms or Illiquid Banks?, , Review of Economics and Statistics 98(4 ), 756–769, October .
- Capital Allocation and Productivity in South Europe, , NBER Working Paper, July .
- Financial Shocks in Production Chains, , Working paper, January .
- How to Construct Nationally Representative Firm Level Data from the ORBIS Global Database, , NBER working paper 21558, September .
- Debt Crisis and Risk Sharing: The Role of Markets versus Sovereigns, , Scandinavian Journal of Economics 116(1 ), 253-276, January .
- Deep Financial Integration and Macroeconomic Volatility, , Journal of European Economic Association 12(6 ), 1558-1585, December .
- Sovereigns, Upstrems Capital Flows, and Global Imbalances, , Journal of European Economic Association 12(5 ), 1240-1284, October .
- Financial Regulation, Financial Globalization and the Synchronization of Economic Activity, , Journal of Finance 68(3 ), 1179-1228, May .
- Global Banks and Crisis Transmission, , Journal of International Economics 89(2 ), 495-510, March .
- HIV and Fertility in Africa: First-Evidence from Population Based Surveys, , Journal of Population Economics 26(3 ), 835-853, July .
- How Big are the Gains from International Financial Integration?, , Journal of Development Economics 103, 90-98, July .
- AIDS, Reversal of the Demographic Transition and Economic Development: Evidence from Africa, , Journal of Population Economics 25(3 ), 871-897, July .
- Leverage Across Firms, Banks, and Countries, , Journal of International Economics 88(2 ), 284-298, November .
- Risk Sharing Through Capital Gains, , Canadian Journal of Economics 45(2 ), 472-492, May .
- HIV and Fertility Revisited, , Journal of Development Economics 96(1 ), 61-65, September .
- Does Foreign Direct Investment Promote Economic Growth? Exploring the Effects of Financial Markets on Linkages, , Journal of Development Economics 91(2 ), 242-256, March .
- Mortality Change, the Uncertainty Effect and the Retirement, , Journal of Economic Growth 15(1 ), 65-91, February .
- Mortality Decline, Human Capital Investment and Economic Growth, , Journal of Development Economics 62(1 ), 1-23, June .
- What Lies Beneath the Euro's Effect on Financial Integration? Currency Risk, Legal Harmonization, or Trade?, , Journal of International Economics 81(1 ), 75-88, May .
- Why Does Capital Flow to Rich States?, , The Review of Economics and Statistics 92(4 ), 769-783, November .
- FDI, Productivity and Financial Development, , World Economy 32(1 ), 111-135, January .
- The Uncertain Lifetime and the Timing of Human Capital Investment, , Journal of Population Economics 21(3 ), 557-572, July .
- Why doesn't Capital Flow from Rich to Poor Countries? An Empirical Investigation, , The Review of Economics and Statistics 90(2 ), 347-368, May .
- Financial Integration within EU Countries: The Role of Institutions, Confidence and Trust, , NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics, 325-391, September .
- FDI and Economic Growth: The Role of Local Financial Markets, , Journal of International Economics 64(1 ), 89-112, October .
- A Stochastic Model of Mortality, Fertility, and Human Capital Investment, , Journal of Development Economics 70(1 ), 103-118, February .
- Risk Sharing and Industrial Specialization: Regional and International Evidence, , American Economic Review 93(3 ), 903-918, June .
- Does Mortality Decline Promote Economic Growth?, , Journal of Economic Growth 7(4 ), 411-439, December .
- Economic Integration, Industrial Specialization, and the Asymmetry of Macroeconomic Fluctuations, , Journal of International Economics 55(1 ), 107-137, October .
Department of Economics
kalemli [at] umd.edu