The Economics Leadership Council (ELC) is the primary alumni service organization of the Department of Economics at the University of Maryland, College Park. The ELC seeks to promote the department’s student, alumni and faculty experience through advice, outreach, events and financial support.
The activities of the ELC include:
- Providing internships and career advice to students
- Creating student scholarships
- Encouraging a diverse population of students to pursue careers in Economics
- Helping the department attract strong undergraduate and graduate students
- Supporting graduate student and faculty research
- Assisting the department with outreach to the business, non-profit and policy communities