Emel Filiz-Ozbay received her PhD with distinction from Columbia University in 2007 and joined the University of Maryland faculty in the same year. Her fields of interest are experimental and behavioral economics, decision theory, market design, and contract theory. She publishes her research in the leading economics journals. She conducts several auction and market design experiments to better understand the performance of different mechanisms. Her research also addresses the behavioral biases of agents in their decision making processes, and how those biases vary between agents and depending on the environment. She teaches microeconomic theory, behavioral economics, and experimental economics at the University of Maryland. She currently serves as a Specialized Co-Editor of Economic Inquiry.
Areas of Interest
- Behavioral Economics
- Experimental Economics
- Economic Theory
Degree TypePhDDegree DetailsColumbia University, 2007
|Course Name||Course Title||Semester||Syllabus|
|ECON427||Experimental Economics||Spring 2017|
|ECON636||Behavioral Economics||Spring 2017|
|ECON603||Microeconomic Analysis I||Fall 2016|
|ECON868||Workshop in Industrial Organization||Fall 2016|
|ECON427||Experimental Economics||Spring 2016|
|ECON698||Selected Topics in Economics||Spring 2016|
|ECON603||Microeconomic Analysis I||Fall 2015||Syllabus|
- Demand for Giving to Multiple Charities: An Experimental Study, , Journal of European Economic Association 17(3 ), 725–753, June .
- Demand for Giving to Multiple Charities: An Experimental Study, , Journal of the European Economic Association, April .
- An experiment on auctions with endogenous budget constraints, , Experimental Economics 20(4 ), 973-1006, December .
- Do Lottery Payments Induce Savings Behavior? Evidence from the Lab, , Journal of Public Economics 126, 1-24, June .
- Multi-Object Auctions with Resale: Theory and Experiment, , Games and Economic Behavior 89, 1-16, January .
- Effect of an Audience in Public Goods Provision, , Experimental Economics 17(2 ), 200-214, June .
- Discrete Clock Auctions: An Experimental Study, , Experimental Economics 15(2 ), 309-322, June .
- Fear of Losing in a Clock Auction, , Review of Economic Design 16(2 ), 119-134, September .
- Incorporating Unawareness into Contract Theory, , Games and Economic Behavior 76(1 ), 181-194, September .
- Common-Value Auctions with Liquidity Needs: An Experimental Test of a Troubled Assets Reverse Auctions, , Handbook of Market Design, ed. by Nir Vulkan, Alvin E. Roth, and Zvika Neeman, May .
- Anticipated Loser Regret in Third Price Auctions, , Economics Letters 107(2 ), 217-219, May .
- Ambiguous Events and Maxmin Expected Utility, , Journal of Economic Theory 134(1 ), 1-33, May .
- Auctions with Anticipated Regret: Theory and Experiment, , American Economic Review 97(4 ), 1407-1418, September .
- A Representation for Intransitive Indifference Relations, , Mathematical Social Sciences 50(2 ), 202-214, September .
- Shunjie Tu