|Course Name||Course Title||Semester||Syllabus|
|ECON708||Advanced Topics in Applied and Theoretical Microeconomics||Fall 2016|
|ECON878||Workshop in Labor Economics||Fall 2016|
|ECON321||Economic Statistics||Spring 2016||Syllabus|
|ECON416||Theory of Economic Development||Spring 2016|
|ECON615||Development Economics I||Spring 2016||Syllabus|
- The Causal Effect of Competition on Prices and Quality: Evidence from a Field Experiment, , American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 11, 33-56, January .
- The Half-Life of Happiness: Hedonic Adaptation in the Subjective Well-Being of Poor Slum Dwellers to the Satisfaction of Basic Housing Needs , , Journal of the European Economic Association (JEEA) 16(4 ), 1189–1233, August .
- Estimating neighborhood choice models: Lessons from a housing assistance experiment., , American Economic Review 105(11 ), 3385-3415, November .
- The Effect of Aid on Growth: Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment, , Working Paper, March .
- Autocracy, democracy and trade policy, , Journal of International Economics 93(1 ), 173-193, May .
- On the Distributive Costs of Drug-Related Homicides, , IDB-WP-471, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department, January .
- The Heterogeneous Impact of Conditional Cash Transfers, , Journal of Public Economics 103, 85-96, July .
- Modeling informality formally: households and firms, , Economic Inquiry 50(3 ), 821-838, July .
- Conscription and Crime: Evidence from the Argentine Draft Lottery, , American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 3(2 ), 119-136, April .
- Land Property Rights and Resource Allocation, , Journal of Law and Economics 54(4 ), S329-S345, November .
- Preschool and Maternal Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from a Regression Discontinuity Design , , Economic Development and Cultural Change 59(2 ), 313-344, January .
- Payroll Taxes, Wages and Employment: Identification Through Policy Changes, , Labor Economics 17(4 ), 743-749, August .
- Performance Pay and Productivity of Low- and High-Ability Workers, , Labour Economics 17(2 ), 317-322, April .
- Property Rights for the Poor: Effects of Land Titling, , Journal of Public Economics 94(9-10 ), 700-729, October .
- Trends in Tariff Reforms and in the Structure of Wages, , The Review of Economics and Statistics 92(3 ), 482-494, August .
- Housing, health, and happiness, , American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 1(1 ), 75-105, February .
- The Effect of Pre-Primary Education on Primary School Performance, , Journal of Public Economics 93(1-2 ), 219-234, February .
- Water Expansions in Shantytowns: Health and Savings , , Economica 76(304 ), 607-622, October .
- Giving children a better start: Preschool attendance and school-age profiles, , Journal of Public Economics 92(6 ), 1416-1440, June .
- On the emergence of public education in land-rich economies, , Journal of Development Economics 86(2 ), 434-446, June .
- School Decentralization: Helping the Good get Better, but Leaving the Poor Behind, , Journal of Public Economics 92(10-11 ), 2106-2120, October .
- The Impact of Privatization on the Earnings of Restructured Workers: Evidence From the Oil Industry, , Journal of Labor Research 29(2 ), 162-176, June .
- Fertility and female labor supply in Latin America: new causal evidence, , Labour Economics 14(3 ), 565-573, June .
- The Effect of a Large Expansion of Pre-Primary School Facilities on Preschool Attendance and Maternal Employment, , Labor Economics 14(3 ), 665-680, June .
- The Formation of Beliefs: Evidence from the Allocation of Land Titles to Squatters, , Quarterly Journal of Economics 122(1 ), 209-241, February .
- Comments on "Early childhood development in Latin America and the Caribbean", , Economia 6(2 ), 214-216, April .
- Optimal income support targeting, , International Tax and Public Finance 13(6 ), 661-684, November .
- Persistence and Regional Disparities in Unemployment (Argentina 1980–1997), , Regional Science and Urban Economics 35(4 ), 375-394, July .
- Water for Life: The Impact of the Privatization of Water Services on Child Mortality, , Journal of Political Economy 113(1 ), 83-120, February .
- Effects of land titling on child health, , Economics & Human Biology 2(3 ), 353-372, December .
- Duration and risk of unemployment in Argentina, , Journal of Development Economics 71(1 ), 199-212, June .
- Great Expectations and Hard Times: The Argentine Convertibility Plan, , Economia 3(2 ), 109-160, April .
- The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Wage Inequality: Evidence from Argentina, , Journal of Development Economics 72(2 ), 497-513, December .
- The labor market, , The New Economic History of Argentina, November .
- Evaluating the Impact of School Decentralization on Educational Quality, , Economia 2(2 ), 275-314, April .
- The Changing Role of the Public Sector: An Ex-Post View of the Privatization Process in Argentina, , The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance 36(2 ), 131-152, August .
Department of Economics
sgaliani [at] umd.edu