In order to declare Economics as your major you must:
- Review ECON major requirements: Visit the to select which curriculum track (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science) you want to pursue. Make sure to pay special attention to the requirements for each track to determine which you are eligible for and which best fits your goals.
- Complete the ECON Change/Addition of Major course on ELMS: The modules in this course will walk you through the required steps to declare your ECON major. These include:
- Viewing the ECON Information Session Presentation
- Successfully completing the ECON Info Session Quiz
- Reviewing and acknowledging ECON departmental policies
- Viewing the BSOS Graduation Planning Workshop
- Completing and submitting the required ECON major declaration paperwork including graduation plan
To gain access to this course, email with the following information: (1) your name and UID number, (2) the curriculum track (BA or BS) you plan to pursue, (3) whether you're declaring ECON as your only major or adding ECON as a double major/degree. **Effective 2/16/22 all emails sent to ECON Advising must be sent from your TERPmail account.
- Wait for Approval of Graduation Plan: Once you have completed all steps in the ECON Change/Addition of Major course and submitted the required documents to ECON Advising, we will review them and provide the necessary departmental signatures. ECON Advising will then submit your change/addition of major paperwork to BSOS Advising for final processing and approval. Once you have received an email confirming that your paperwork has been submitted to BSOS Advising, it may take up to 20 business days to process your major change/addition. You will receive an email directly from BSOS Advising when you major has been updated in the student information system or if there is a problem with your plan requiring additional steps.
Students wishing to avoid a delay in registration should initiate a change/addition of major well in advance of their registration date for the next semester.
**NOTE: Neither BSOS Advising nor the Economics Department can lift registration blocks imposed by a student's current major. Permission will not be granted for courses restricted to ECON majors until AFTER a graduation plan has been approved by BSOS Advising.